Download the SpiceFX 6 DEMO Includes the FREE TranJelly™ LE Wizard!
Please click below to download the DEMO. First SAVE the demo file to your computer, such as on your desktop. Then double-click that downloaded SpiceFX6DEMO... file to install. Note you can download it on a different computer, if necessary, then transfer the downloaded file with a USB key, CD-R, or other media onto your Movie Maker editing computer before double-clicking the file to install.
Due to high traffic, occasionally our server has brief delays. If a download fails, try again in a few minutes. Please Contact us if you still have problems.
Demo FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
• After installation, where will SpiceFX appear? New effects and transitions will show up in the Video Transitions and Video Effects areas of Movie Maker and are identifiable by the small "pixelan.com" in each icon. To access the Wizards, double-click the Wizards for Movie Maker icon on your desktop.
• What's the difference between a Wizard and a Pack? Wizards make CUSTOM titles, transitions, and effects for Movie Maker -- giving you the power to create a 'just right' look for your projects. Packs are collections of PRE-MADE transitions and effects. Packs are not adjustable or customizable, but include lots of handy presets for common visual needs. And they include several types of effects (such as Animation, Correction, and Cosmetic Effects) and transitions (such as Particles, PageFX, and DepthFX Transitions) that are not available in Wizards. It's really best to have BOTH.
• How is the DEMO different than the purchased version? PACKS: They are identical, except demo Packs show an "X" over their output. Purchasing one or more Packs will automatically remove the X, and remove any demo items not purchased. WIZARDS: They are identical, except demo Wizards do not export any custom results into Movie Maker. However, one of the Wizards -- TranJelly LE to create beveled transitions -- is FREE and fully-functional, yours to keep even if you do not buy SpiceFX. If you later uninstall the SpiceFX demo, you can optionally choose to keep TranJelly LE. It's our way of saying 'thanks' for trying the demo.
• Does SpiceFX have special hardware requirements? Any XP or Vista computer with Movie Maker 2.0 or later is fine, EXCEPT XP 64-bit systems. That means virtually ALL Windows PCs over the past several years. Note: PageFX and DepthFX Transitions (Packs T6 and T7) will be installed only in Movie Maker 6.0 running on Vista or Windows 7. Also, the FilmTouch Wizard requires a DirectX 9 or later video card and is a free extra available only with a WIZARDS Bundle or POWER Bundle purchase. If you do not have a compatible video card, no worries -- all other portions of SpiceFX will be unaffected and will install/operate fine.
• I have an earlier purchased version of SpiceFX installed on my computer. If I install the SpiceFX 6 demo, will it mess up my existing version? No. Your existing SpiceFX will continue to work fine. The demo will just add demos of any Packs or Wizards you do not already have. If you later uninstall the demo, just the demo portion will be removed (leaving your prior purchase untouched). If you buy SpiceFX 6, the purchased version installer will automatically remove the demo for you.
• How do I uninstall the DEMO? Choose Uninstall SpiceFX from your Start/Programs/Pixelan/SpiceFX for Movie Maker folder. Or go into your Add or Remove Programs control panel (in Vista or Windows 7, the Programs and Features control panel) and double-click SpiceFX for Movie Maker.
• While running the installer, it says "Could not initialize installation, File size expected [number], size returned [smaller number]." That error message means you only partially downloaded our installer. Please delete the installer file, re-start your browser (to clear its cache), then click our emailed link to download again. You should end up with approximately a 20.5 MB file.
• While running the installer, it says it cannot find the Movie Maker folder." That error means you do not have Movie Maker 2.6 or 6.0 installed... most likely only Windows LIVE Movie Maker. See this page for the solution to this issue.
Back to our SpiceFX main page