See our other plugins, too!
GPU-Accelerated, Powerful Trio
of Blur-Sharpen Effects Plugins
Ultimate Tool for Film Dissolves
Fades, & Organic Animated Effects
Total Creative Control of Video
Transitions & Animating Effects
250+ Beautiful 3D Transitions
for Videos, Graphics, and Titles
Versatile, Affordable Suite
of Cool Video Effects Plugins
FilmTouch is a video effects plugin for all versions of Windows, including Windows 8. Sorry, we have no Mac versions, but may soon!
Click here to be email-notified
The BEST VALUE Film Look Effects Plugins
For Hundreds of Fresh, Customizable Film Looks
FilmTouch 2.0 is a new hardware-accelerated film look effects plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro, Vegas Movie Studio, CyberLink PowerDirector, and Magix Movie Edit Pro/Video Pro. Available in a $29 version and a $49 PRO version, each offers unique advantages over other film look plugins. Both give your videos and digital films greater emotional impact, providing a huge variety of classic and fresh film looks from subtle to strong, plus hundreds of other compelling visual treatments to instantly enhance your video output.
$29 FilmTouch 2.0
$19 limited-time upgrade for AnyFX 1.0 users, which included FilmTouch 1.0.
The perfect choice for fast, adjustable film looks for video that you can easily fine-tune if desired. Whether adding a warm, dreamy look to a wedding video shot on a cloudy day, or creating a custom mood/style for your Indie or YouTube movie, FilmTouch 2 can affordably solve it. FilmTouch 2.0 includes:
• GPU Hardware Acceleration. Our film looks look great AND they render extremely fast (near-real-time on many systems), depending on the speed of the GPU/video card on your computer.
• 200+ Terrific Film Look Presets. They are organized into twelve real-world categories: Cool, Warm, Desaturate, Duotone, Monochrome, Filmic, Stronger, Soft-Dreamy, Color Shift, Abstract, Special, and Gradiated.
• LARGE, visual Effects Browser. Use our Effects Browser to easily choose the best preset for your clips. No tiny thumbnails or name-only listings that make you guess. Instead you get LARGE previewing while interactively comparing presets. Mark and organize favorites per project/client, hide unwanted presets, etc. Use your mouse wheel or keyboard to roll through choices easily while keeping your eye on the visuals. Then double-click any preset to instantly apply it.
• Easy Adjustability. FilmTouch 2 is more than just presets. Each film look is adjustable for strength, gamma and saturation -- the most useful trio for common tweaks -- so you can quickly and easily fine-tune any film look preset to your needs.
FilmTouch 2.0 Features Compared to Other Film Look Plugins
$49 FilmTouch 2.0 PRO
$34 limited-time upgrade for AnyFX 1.0 users, which included FilmTouch 1.0. $44 upgrade for other Pixelan users.
The PRO version is the best choice for prosumer and professional videographers, indie film makers, and all others who want even more variety and control over their video and film looks. FilmTouch 2.0 PRO includes the fast GPU hardware acceleration and large visual Effects Browser described in the $29 version at left -- PLUS...
• 500+ professional, highly aesthetic, USEFUL film look presets. Terrific FRESH looks that go far beyond classic/historical film looks and are not simple variations. All are organized into sixteen real-world categories: Filmic Subtle, Filmic Moderate, Filmic Strong, Cool, Warm, Desaturate, Duotone Warm, Duotone Cool, Monochrome, Boosted, Low Light, Color Shift, Abstract, Other, Add Diffusion to Effect, and Add Vignette to Effect.
• A wide range of powerful film look optimized controls to fine-tune color subtleties any way you can imagine -- or to build a fresh film look from scratch.
FilmTouch 2 PRO also has SIX exclusive advantages over other film look plugins:
1. Preserve in Source. FilmTouch Pro’s powerful but easy scene-based (not geometric) masking allows you to apply a film look but leave untouched an already “just right” color or luminance area -- such as someone’s face, a car or other object, the sky, a logo's color, etc. Just click it in your preview to preserve it!
2. True Diffusion. FilmTouch Pro’s diffusion controls are worthy of a separate Pro plugin but are fully integrated. Independent blending, blur and glow controls together create extremely realistic and diverse diffusions. Or use our one-click diffusion presets to instantly apply diffusion to your film look.
3. Unique Vignettes and Frame Edge Effects. Dark lens vignettes, white frame feathering, light leaks, edge defocus effects and more can be instantly added to any film look effect preset -- and are keyframable for strength, shape, size, position, and softness. You can even select which individual film look qualities to vignette or not.
4. Section Presets. Another Pixelan exclusive! Useful presets per section of controls -- not just overall effect presets -- is a HUGE productivity advantage. Why? Because with just a few clicks, you can mix and match section presets to create HUNDREDS of compelling fresh film look variations!
5. GREAT technical support. See our user customer service testimonials. Fast, personal, in-house tech support is a key reason why Pixelan is one of the longest-established video effects plugin companies in the world. It’s our 17th year! :)
6. The MOST value. Last but not least, FilmTouch 2.0 Pro gives you more power per dollar than any other film look plugin. (See chart at left.) It is also available in money-saving bundles with Pixelan’s other popular plugins for Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and After Effects. Compare to other film look plugins that cost $350-$550 more, or cost less but only offer a few presets and far less features.
|Bonus Limited-time Offer: Buy FilmTouch 2.0 PRO and you will also get the Photoshop version of the plugin FREE!
As shown by the chart above, FilmTouch 2.0 includes more film look presets than competing film looks plugins. The movies below show a different 'factory' preset per 2 seconds so you can quickly get a sense of the wide variety of attractive presets provided. (To view/browse through each of them more slowly, use the preset links above.) Keep in mind every FilmTouch 2.0 preset is adjustable -- in both the $29 'budget' version and the $49 Pro version -- and you can save and re-apply tweaked custom presets easily!
Filmic presets retain a scene's full range of colors but alter contrast, saturation, etc. to simulate a classic film look or to create an attractive fresh treatment. Hundreds of hours went into developing these film looks, which are organized into three categories -- Subtle, Moderate, and Stronger. This movie features the latter two categories.
This movie is the same format as the movie at left, but covers the Cool and Warm presets in FilmTouch 2.0 Pro. These presets subjectively 'cool' or 'warm' all coloration in a scene. Careful attention is paid to skin tones and bright white values so you don't end up with a cool or warm scene with weird-looking people or an odd bright white inconsistency.
Desaturate and duotone film look presets are a visual bridge towards the monotone film look presets at right. Highly desirable when you want a scene's mood to appear muted, dreamy, historical, or simply beautifully unusual. In the Pro version, you can also add a very realistic diffusion or vignette to any of these looks.
Monochrome effect presets done right are an art, not just a simple matter of removing color. As a result, shadow areas are not plugged up and bright areas retain full detail. Contrast, brightness, and individual channel values were tweaked extensively to give you a wide range of desirable duotone and monochrome looks.
• Adobe Premiere Pro/Elements version: Compatible with Windows versions of Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, CS6, or CC Creative Cloud versions and Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12 or later.
• Adobe After Effects version: Compatible with Windows versions of After Effects CS5, CS5.5, CS6, or CC Creative Cloud versions and Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, or later.
• Sony Vegas Pro/Vegas Movie Studio version: Compatible with Sony Vegas Pro 10, 11, 12, or later (32-bit or 64-bit) and Vegas Movie Studio 11, 12, or later.
• CyberLink PowerDirector version: Compatible with PowerDirector 12 or later.
• Magix Movie Edit Pro/Video Pro X version: Compatible with Movie Edit Pro 18 or later and Video Pro X4 or later.
FilmTouch 2.0 Film Look Tutorials and Cool Tips
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
I already have some film look effects... why buy FilmTouch 2.0?
As shown by the comparison chart above, FilmTouch 2.0 provides the most film look presets, plus important exclusive features and advantages that will make choosing, comparing, and fine-tuning any film look extremely quick and easy. Unlike many other film look plugins, FilmTouch is not primarily devoted to re-creating "classic" film looks (although those are included too). Instead, we have focused on attractive enhancement -- providing film looks that can attractively enhance a wide range of video shooting situations and scenes that you may have. This approach is an art as much as a science and has taken many hundreds of person-hours to successfully develop.
Does FilmTouch 2.0 have special hardware requirements?
FilmTouch 2.0 is a hardware-accelerated plugin which uses your computer's video/graphics chip to accelerate its rendering. Therefore, a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card is required. A DirectX 10 compatible card with at least 512 MB video memory is recommended for HD and high bit-depth editing. Even if you know you have a compatible card, we highly recommend you take a moment to check your system before buying by downloading our small Hardware Checker. (Here's a zipped Checker in case your browser's security software prefers that.) It will quickly show if your system fulfills the minimum requirements. Intel GMA 8xx and 9xx video are not supported, for example. Some users have a compatible-sounding card, for example, but the card or its driver does not fully implement DirectX. As an alternative, after you download/install FilmTouch 2.0 you can easily switch it to use OpenGL instead of DirectX, which will solve the problem on most affected systems. (For the simple steps, see item 4 of our Technical Support FAQs.)
Are help or tutorials available?
How is the DEMO different than the purchased version?
The demo overlays an X on the plugin’s output. Upon purchasing, the X will automatically disappear and the demo will be automatically uninstalled. There will be no need to re-apply FilmTouch film looks in your project, saving you time.
Is FilmTouch 2.0 only a download?
Yes, it is a single 20 MB download. You can even download it on a different computer, if necessary, then transfer the installer file with a USB key, CD-R, or other media onto your editing computer before installing.
What happens if someday my computer crashes and I lose the downloaded file or serial number?
Use our handy re-download form to get a FREE re-download anytime. There is no risk! :)
Can I install on more than one computer of mine?
Our license allows use in two different computers by the same user (such as a laptop "for the road" and a desktop at home) IF the two computers are not used AT THE SAME TIME. To edit on two computers simultaneously, such as for a video production business, a HALF-price second license is available from us on our special order form for new users (or our upgrade form for users who have already purchased FilmTouch 2).
Will the After Effects version also work in Premiere Pro? Or vice versa?
Sorry, no. Each plugin version has different code and only works in the video editing program specified. The good news is that any buyer/user of one version of FilmTouch 2.0 can buy an additional version for only HALF-price!
How can I buy FilmTouch 2.0 as a gift for someone else?
It's easy -- use our special order form. On the date you specify, they will receive an email from us with their download info and no price shown. You can even enter a custom message that will be included in the email.
Do you have educational pricing?
We offer nice discounts on school site or lab licenses. If you have such a situation, please contact us and mention how many editing stations you may want to purchase for.
What is Pixelan's return policy?
Most plugin companies insist downloadable products may not be returned under any circumstances. After all, there is nothing tangible to 'return'. At Pixelan, your happiness and satisfaction is very important to us and we treat you as a long-term relationship, not as a one-time buyer. Therefore, if you somehow become unhappy with your purchase within 10 days, we will do our best to resolve it to your satisfaction. Your best protection is to be proactive -- to download and try the FilmTouch DEMO before buying to see if this plugin will meet your creative needs and its hardware-acceleration is compatible with your computer. The demo is easy to install and is identical to the purchased version but shows an X over its output. Installing your purchase will automatically remove the X and uninstall the demo, or you can manually remove the demo anytime via your Windows control panel.
I feel uncomfortable purchasing on the Internet. Can I buy by phone?
Yes. Please call us at 360-647-0112. If necessary, leave a message on our Sales extension and we will promptly call back on the same or next business day. After we process your order, you will receive an email with your download/install information.
Other questions? Please contact us and we will reply promptly.